An asset can be any item that has a physical substance and can be touched. This would include vehicles, trailers, machinery, construction materials and high dollar inventory items. Each of these might also be considered a mobile asset and may be subject to theft, abuse, misuse, loss or mysterious disappearance. Other very important assets might be people and pets, as well as lone workers as they can wear integrated tracking and wireless communication devices for protection. In addition, various forms of electronic monitoring of offenders are gradually being accepted in an effort to reduce the cost of prison and to contribute to efforts in the rehabilitation process.
Mobile Asset Tracking can be thought of as a method to track, analyze, and collect data in order to provide information regarding location, status, exception criteria, and historical information. Asset tracking may also allow you to provide proof of certain compliance issues such as engine idle time or Cold Chain Management. Knowing where a asset has been and how it was handeled may be just as important as knowing where an asset is going. A quality asset tracking system ensures that any entity can be out of sight but not out of mind.
The following list is just a small example of some mobile assets which are being tracked by our clients:
- -Trucks, taxicabs, rental vehicles and vehicles with a high risk loan.
- -Emergency vehicles, government vehicles, municipal busses and school busses.
- -Trailers, dumpsters, rail cars, reusable containers and portable surgical equipment.
- -Bulldozers, mobile generators, cartons of siding and appliances at a construction site.
- -Pallets of computers, cigarettes, pharmaceutical drug containers and bank bags.
- -Fast attach devices for covert activities.
- -Lone workers, Children and Pets
CrossBridge can help you to plan, pilot, and deploy the most efficient, cost-effective wireless solutions available.
Give us a call, and within minutes of talking with the sales team you will understand -
WE KNOW WIRELESS!